Recently I announced a new blog series called Crafty at Camp. If you are interested in knowing why I chose to start this, visit my first Crafty at Camp here.
Today's Craft is called the Paper Plate Fish Bowl. I found this craft to be super fun, especially during our Under the Sea themed week.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- Paper Plates
- Blue Paint
- Paint Brush
- Any colored foam
- Green Tissue Paper
- Uncooked Beans, Rice, Pea’s
- Googly Eyes
What you do:
- Paint the paper plate blue. For the best results, wait for the plate to dry before gluing anything onto it.
- Cut a fish shape out of the foam and add a googly eye.
- Cut the green tissue paper into desired length for seaweed. Create an imaginary line where the gravel would be and begin to glue down the “seaweed.”
- Glue down the “gravel.” You can use, beans, rice, peas or whatever you think best represents gravel. Make sure to put a layer of gravel over the “seaweed” to cover the end and make it look planted.
- Glue the fish into the bowl.
- Finally, admire your new fishy friend. Don’t forget to name it!
COMING UP NEXT FOR CRAFTY AT CAMP IS A PAPER PLATE Apple core.
Crafty at Camp: Paper Plate Fish Bowl