At the beginning of every semester, I like to create a list of goals that I hope to accomplish by the end of the semester. It is my hope that by sharing the list with you, it will hold me accountable and I will work harder to achieve the results I want. Last semester I came up with 15 goals for 15 weeks of the semester.
I feel like 15 goals really set the bar too high for me and I wasn’t able to focus and grow in each area as I wanted too. In result, this semester I am only setting 5 goals for my self so I really can hold my self accountable. So I guess that means I am setting 5 goals for 5 months!
Since my spring semester started this week, it is time to decide my goals…
- Get Back in Shape. Put down that Oreo, lace up your Nike’s and turn your FitBit on because it is time to get serious girl! This summer I have the amazing opportunity to go to Hawaii. I would love to shed a few pounds and get back to my goal weight. I really need to make healthier food choices with my meal plan and exercise at least 3 times a week. Hawaii Count Down: 26 weeks! I can do this.
- Earn a Higher GPA. I need to work harder and, study harder. Last semester, I got a 3.29 GPA. I got A’s and B’s and thankfully no C’s. I need to spend more time studying and reading the text book. Just because I don’t have homework due, doesn’t mean I do not have to do anything for the course- I always have trouble with this concept. (Bonus: It would be amazing to get on the Dean’s List)
- Double My Traffic on My Blog- Over winter break, I spent a lot of time brainstorming and growing my blog audience. I finally got back into the grove of things and have been posting at least once a week. All my social media accounts have doubled and I would love to see the page views keep going up. I have meet so many amazing bloggers these past few weeks and it has really given me motivation to keep going.
- Stay on a Tighter Budget- I have been very blessed with the fact that my mom helps me keep track of my credit card bills. But since she does, I don’t keep as close of an eye on my spending as I should. After helping her out over break, I realized how much money I was spending and how I should be saving instead. Recently I downloaded the ‘WellSpent” app because I heard it works great for keeping track of your budget so I am interested to see if this app will help out.
- Grow in my Faith- Through out my college experience, I have really grown in my faith but I would love to keep going and gain a stronger relationship with God. Last semester I joined a group where we met once a week and read a devotional book. My plan is to continue reading the book each morning before my day begins. Also, I will be doing a new segment that I just implemented on my Instagram called #worshipwednesday, where I will spend time journaling in my Bible and then post a picture!
Well there you have it! These are the 5 goals I hope to accomplish by the end of the semester. What kind of goals did you set for your self this semester or year?