20 years ago today I was born into this world… which means, IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! For those wondering, having your birthday during the school week at college can be pretty anti climatic because to everyone else it is just a normal day. I have class, work and meetings to go to. As I am writing this, I don’t even know what my plan is for celebrating. I guess that really does mean that I am growing up.
Since it is my 20th birthday, I wanted to take the time and list 20 things that I am thankful for. This list is in no particular order and contains silly, fun, and serious things I am thankful for.
- My Family- With out my family I would be no where in life. They are my biggest support system and have made me the person I am today. No matter what, they are always there for me.
2. My Turtle- Miley has always been there for me to talk to, granted, she can’t talk back but she always lends an open year and always makes me smile. For a turtle, she sure is funny.
3. Buffalo Wings- A year ago I tried buffalo wings for the first time, since then we have been inseparable.
4. Josh- For being the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. He is also the person who introduced me to buffalo wings. He is always there for me anytime of the day or night and puts up with my craziness/ silliness.
5. Girl Scouts- From selling cookies to earning badges, I was able to develop ‘Courage, Confidence and Character’ which I now use those traits in my every day life as a leader.
6. Marine Landing- The place where I had my very first job. I am thankful not only for the 6 years that I have been able to volunteer and work there but also thankful for the opportunity it gives young Girl Scouts to grow and spend their summers being active.
7. My Boss- For always believing in me and giving me the confidence to be the best that I can be at my job. Plus, she is always there for me to talk to and never fails to make me laugh no matter the situation.
8. Disneyland- For allowing me to be a child at heart and to scream at the top of my lungs on any ride.
9. My College- Attending college has given me the opportunity to pursue my dreams while allowing me to have an amazing experience along the way.
10. High School Teachers- My teachers treated me more like friends than students and really showed me how amazing it is to be a teacher and reassured me that I would be great at it.
11. Cruise Ships and Motorhomes- For always giving me an adventure, no matter where in the world I am.
12. Yoga Pants– For just being so comfortable.
13. Friends- The very few who have seen me at my best and worst, yet still love me for who I am.
14. Pinterest- For allowing me to basically plan out my whole entire life.
15. My Phone- Although I am trying to use it less, I am still glad that I am able to use my phone to communicate with my loved ones.
16. Good health- For allowing me to have limitless opportunities.
17. A perfectly ripe avocado- My Grandma and Grandpa just picked some fresh avocado from their tree. Who doesn’t love a freshly picked avocado?
18. School Supplies- I can never have to many school supplies. They just make me happy.
19. God- For all the blessings He has given me in my life.
20. Lastly I am thankful for life, because with out it, none of it would be possible!
That sums up my list of 20 things I am thankful for. Of course, this list can keep going on and on and doesn’t stop at 20.
I can not wait to see what year 20 has in store for me. I already know that it is going to be a great year. <3